Recent News

About Us

The Squantum settlers tried to separate from Dorchester several times and in 1792, the area was divided—half of the settlement remaining with Dorchester and half with the new town of Quincy. In 1855, all of Squantum became part of Quincy. The beauty of Squantum attracted many people from outside of Quincy, and the area became a summer resort with many inns. It was during the twentieth century when Squantum changed from a vacation spot to a residential area. In 1919, the Squantum School opened with four rooms grades one through eight.

Stephen Sylvia

Assistant Principal:
Dr. Rachel Bloom

Dawn Flibotte


School Hours:

Regular Hours: 8:15 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

Early Release Hours: 8:15 a.m. - 11:55 p.m.